Hosted at the Illinois State University campus April 14-18, 2022
Information for Coaches
- All entries must be submitted through Speechwire by March 28, 2022 at 5:00 pm CST. No entries will be accepted after this date.
- The tournament will be in-person at Illinois State University, however we will continue to use e-ballots on the SpeechWire platform. During the registration process, coaches will be required to provide an accurate email address for every student and judge they are bringing to the tournament.
- Please remember that your school name, as well as your students’ and judges’ names, will appear exactly as you enter them on ALL tournament materials.
- Please also add students’ name pronunciation and pronouns in SpeechWire so that student names are pronounced accurately in rounds and in awards.
- All teams must provide an Enrollment Verification form from their Registrar – scan and email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and bring the original to Registration.
- All participants – coaches, students and guests – must upload their vaccination / testing information to Crowdpass prior to arrival at ISU. Please refer to the COVID protocols for more details.
- You will receive an entry confirmation after all entries have been processed. If you do not receive a confirmation within one week of entering, please contact the National Tournament Director at email@example.com.
Information for Judges:
- All judges must complete judge training and upload their vaccine information (or proof of a negative test) before rounds begin (see images below for links)
- We are using e-ballots at NFA!
- Judges must provide a valid email address and create a ballot account at live.speechwire.com. Once you’re entered as a judge you’ll receive a Speechwire invite in your email – check spam if it’s not in your inbox. Contact the tournament if you don’t have a Speechwire invite by 4/14.
- Make sure you bring a charged device on which to judge.
- Please remember to click “start” when you arrive in your room so tab knows you’re there.
- Return ranks immediately after the round – you can add and revise comments until the end of the tournament.
- Tech problems? Dead batteries? Feel free to take notes in the round and then report to tab after – we will take you to a computer lab to enter your ranks and feedback on the e-ballot. There are charging stations at the Bone Student Center.