Hosted at the Central Michigan University campus April 18-22, 2024
Information will be updated here as it becomes available
Information for invitational tournament hosts:
- If your tournament is hosted on Speechwire your regular-season results will be automatically recorded for qualification verification. You do not need to do anything else.
- If your tournament was NOT hosted on Speechwire please report your tournament results to Speechwire so qualifications earned can be verified.
Information for Coaches
- All entries must be submitted through Speechwire by April 1, 2024 at 5:00 pm CST. No entries will be accepted after this date.
- All qualifications will be verified through Speechwire. Tournaments not hosted on Speechwire must be reported manually – click here to confirm that tournaments you attended were reported for verification. Please work with tournament directors to ensure that tournament results are reported; manual reports should include the entire tournament results, not just the qualifications you plan to use.
- The tournament will be in-person at Central Michigan University, however we will continue to use e-ballots on the SpeechWire platform. During the registration process, coaches will be required to provide an accurate email address for every student and judge they are bringing to the tournament.
- Please remember that your school name, as well as your students’ and judges’ names, will appear exactly as you enter them on ALL tournament materials.
- Please also add students’ name pronunciation and pronouns in SpeechWire so that student names are pronounced accurately in rounds and in awards.
- All teams must provide an Enrollment Verification form from their Registrar – scan and email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org when you register on Speechwire and bring the original to Registration.
- You will receive an entry confirmation after all entries have been processed. If you do not receive a confirmation within one week of entering, please contact the National Tournament Director at email@example.com
Information for Judges:
- All judges must complete judge training before rounds begin (training links will be posted soon).
- We are using e-ballots at NFA!
- Judges must provide a valid email address and create a ballot account at live.speechwire.com. Once you’re entered as a judge you’ll receive a Speechwire invite in your email – check spam if it’s not in your inbox. Contact the tournament if you don’t have a Speechwire invite by 4/17
- Make sure you bring a charged device on which to judge.
- Please remember to click “start” when you arrive in your room so tab knows you’re there.
- Return ranks immediately after the round – you can add and revise comments until the end of the tournament.
- Tech problems? Dead batteries? Feel free to take notes in the round and then report to tab after – we will take you to a computer lab to enter your ranks and feedback on the e-ballot.